Through HIS Lens Ministries is an interdenominational community of women who are passionate about cultivating an ever-growing relationship with Jesus Christ, sharing Him with others, and supporting one another in this pursuit.
THL Women believe that to live a thriving Christian Life, we need to see ourselves, others, and all of life’s situations through God’s lens and not our own. We realized that this can be a daunting, overwhelming task and as such, we have dedicated ourselves to creating a network of support as we embrace the ebbs and flows of life’s journey.
What does this practically look like?
We are real women who have made it our mission’s stride to:
- Exhort one another to live a life of excellence as we serve God in our individual niches is a cornerstone to this ministry. We ignite each others’ passions, we hold each other accountable, and we charge each woman to be committed to her role in the Kingdom of God. THL women find it easier to serve our families, our churches, and our vocations when we are surrounded by other like-minded women! We represent various churches and serve in different ministries so naturally networking takes place within our group causing us to literally serve together (i.e. volunteering at youth retreats) from time to time. (Colossians 1:3-14)
Through Exhorting one another, THL Women will:
- Live a life where we are content in whatever state we are in (Philippians 4:11-12)
- Live a life of gratitude (I Thessalonians 5:18)
- Live a life free from worry, doubt, fear, and anxiety where peace passes all understanding and guards our hearts and minds (Philippians 4:6-9)
- Unite women across barriers means that we are committed to being a diverse group of women that represent different races, church denominations, stages of life, etc. There’s an acceptance of who you are and where you’re at. Free to question, struggle, and be loved at the same time. We believe we NEED each other, including our differences, in order to grow and mature more into the women God has called us to be. It is when the Believers come together and are united that our vision of God expands and we become contagious to this world! (John 17:20-23, Acts 2: 44-47)
By Uniting with one another, THL Women will:
- Live a life of purpose and protect it by putting on the full armor of God (Ephesians 6: 10 – 20)
- Live a life where we, as the Salt of the Earth and the Light of the World, are impacting the women in our community and beyond. (Matthew 5: 13-16)
- Awaken women to know God’s Truth and how it is applicable to every situation they are faced with. Through Book Discussions, prayer meetings, ladies nights, learning from one another’s blogs, etc. we praise God together, discuss scripture, confess sin, and pray for each other and our world. With honesty and transparency as our guide, we help each other see ourselves, others, and circumstances through God’s lens and not our own. Pursuing after Christ was never meant to be a solo task! (Colossians 3:16)
As we embrace the Awakening together, THL Women will:
- Live a life of transparency that allows other women to be encouraged as we share our testimonies (Hebrews 3:12-13, Hebrews 12:1-2)
- Live a life understanding the benefits of seeing through God’s lens which will ultimately lead us to find our rest in Jesus (Matthew 11:28-30)
It is our hope that as we endeavor to impact the lives of women, we encourage them to cherish the daughters they already are and simultaneously, empower them to be better women, wives, mothers, daughters, sisters, friends, employees and servants in the kingdom of God. HALLELUJAH!!!!
When the above happens, our mission to foster a life-giving, joy-filled sisterhood will become a reality. The abundant life is real with this group; we have a lot of fun together!